Sunday, 15 November 2009

Disney Releases Mobile App

Disney has recently released a mobile app named, appropriately, Mobile Magic. This application is only available on Verizon Wireless phones. Mobile Magic allows visitors of all Disneyland/ Disney theme parks to maps, showing exactly where character, rides, restaurants, etc are, for $9.99 for a 180 day subscription. It is currently not available on Blackberry's, or other non-Verizon phones. The information found via the application can also be found on m.disneyland.com or m.disneyworld.com.
To learn more about Mobile Magic, please watch this video.
This is just one example of the numerous advances companies, such as Disney, are making. As mentioned in a previous post, Disney is also looking to expand Disney stores, including built-in movie theaters, "magic mirrors," tech-related merchandise, etc. The pressure to increase all uses of technology within the industrial world is incredible, especially given the current economical situation. It seems that companies are desperate to attract customers, and will do anything to achieve this.


2 comments:

  1. This was an interesting post. It is a bit strange because I can't really imagine paying for something so specific, but I guess if you go there a lot it makes more sense. It is interesting how much technology is being used for and to what technological extents people go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a lot of money. I think Disney should probably find some way to make it available for just one or a few days. I don't think many people go to Disneyland more than once or twice in 180 days, and for using it only one time, $9.99 seems a little steep. It is interesting, though, how Disney has been trying to expand technology, reaching out to our generation. I think that will definitely benefit them.

    ReplyDelete