Thursday, 15 October 2009

An Apple Perspective Coming to Disney

I recently read that Disney stores are actually being modified and revised, based on the new-and-improved Apple stores. Built-in movie theaters will be added, similar to the ones currently in Apple stores; the outlets will not just be forums for selling Disney merchandise. More technical equipment will also be added; one example mentioned was "magic mirror" in which you would see a specific Disney character based on what Disney toy/ item you was holding at the time. Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple is actually on the board of Disney, meaning that many of the ideas easily could have been influenced by his current advances at Apple. The new paying system at Apple, where one can purchase an item from a salesperson on a portable device, is also being adapted at Disney. These current advances are examples of our forever-changing and advancing world; maybe soon, all stores around the world will have similar formats.





http://www.topnews.in/regions/san-francisco

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I find this really cool and really surprising at the same time. I can just imagine the young kid's excited faces when they see the newly improved Disney stores. It is also interesting that Steve Jobs is on the board of Disney; I definitely did not know that. I'm just wondering how the elderly community - or any people turned off by technology - will find these new stores. Will it turn them off to buying Disney toys for their grandchildren?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting. This summer I went to the Disney store with my two young cousins, and it was pretty much just toys. I was surprised at the huge variety of toys they sold, but I didn't see anything tech-related. I find it interesting that they are going to go in this direction, but I'm not sure, I enjoyed the days where it was just straightforward toys that little kids could go and pick out themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this quite interesting. I believe this is a smart move by disney because it enables them not only to have clerks stationed throughout the store for an easy shopping expieriance, but Disney is trying to make their stores more acessible to the public. Instead of going in just to buy a toy, you gain a whole expieriance by watching a movie about that toy etc. It will also come to a point where people will go to a Disney store just because, not necessarily looking for one of their products. Apple stores are definately on the more popular side of things when people go to a shopping center and it is good that other companies have adapted some of their techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is kind of funny. The magic mirror is a bit odd though it seems totally useless. I mean when you are a child you just want to go in and buy the toy.

    ReplyDelete